The farmhouse dates back to the 16th century. The adjoining self-contained cottage was added in the early 1800’s to form an L-shaped courtyard at the back of the main house. From here you look out over treetops to the opposite valley and it makes a lovely spot for outdoor sitting and eating.
Inside, the cottage has original slate flagstones throughout the open plan ground floor. This is partially divided by an old wooden staircase with a kitchen to one side and a living area to the other.
The kitchen is equipped with an electric cooker, fridge, toaster and all necessary crockery and cooking utensils.
The living area has table and chairs and sofa gathered around a wood-burning stove. The sofa converts to a single bed. There is also a portable colour TV.
The bathroom is downstairs with a bath and shower.
Upstairs there are two timber floored bedrooms – one a spacious double/twin, the other a pretty L-shaped room with space for one single bed. Visitors with two young children often make use of an extra mattress on the floor in this room.
The property is centrally heated.